Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: The Gift Shop at Buffalo Trace Distillery recalls Bourbon Flavored Caramel Sauce, Bourbon Flavored Fudge Sauce, Marinade for Meat, Barbeque Sauce and Hot Barbeque Sauce due to undeclared milk, soy, wheat, and/or anchovy.
- Outbreak Alert: The Hawaii Department of Health is investigating nine cases of E. coli O157:H7 illness, including three adults and six children. Three of the children have developed hemolytic uremic syndrome. Eight of the victims are residents of Oahu; the ninth is a Canadian visitor to the state.
- Allergy Alert: La Charcutière (Laval, QC) recalls la Pizza Romarin, due to undeclared milk protein.
- Food Safety Recall: Boucherie Laurentienne ltée (Wentworth-Nord, QC) together with William J Walter and S. Bourassa retailers in various locations, recalls a number of sausage and other pork products, because the products were not manufactured in a manner that ensures microbiological safety.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): Gallagher’s Bakery warns that Gallagher’s Bakery Lo-GI Farmhouse Loaf contains undeclared milk powder and whey powder.
- Food Safety Recall (Italy): Organic Oils Italia Srl (Perugia) recalls Olio di lino biologico “crudigno” / “Crudigno” Organic Linseed Oil due to a chemical hazard.
- Medical Device Safety Recall (France): LifeScan recalls OneTouch Verio IQ and OneTouch Verio Pro blood glucose meters, because the meters produce erroneous readings at extremely elevated blood glucose levels.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Alert (China): Channelnewsasia reports that the Chinese partner of Hero Group, a major Swiss baby formula manufacturer, has been accused of adulterating Hero’s production and a senior official has been detained. According to state media, the Xile Lier company had been mixing out-of-date formula with supplies imported under its partnership agreement with Hero.
Australia and New Zealand
- Outbreak Alert (NSW, Australia): NSW Health is urging people who have had diarrhoea not to swim in pools until at least two weeks after they have fully recovered following an increase in cryptosporidiosis in NSW. There have been 484 cases of cryptosporidiosis reported to NSW Health to date this year.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.