Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Lifestyle Evolution Inc. (Pittsburgh, PA) recalls NuGO FREE, NuGO Dark and NuGO Slim Non Dairy bars made before October 2012 because of the potential for undeclared milk.
- Allergy Alert: Heartland Gourmet, LLC (Lincoln, NE) recalls Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (Item #2017), Gluten Free Double Chocolate Cookie Mix (Item #1530) and Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix (Item #2024) due to undeclared milk.
- Allergy Alert: Lisy Corporation (Miami, FL) recalls five Lisy brand seasoning blends, due to undeclared soy.
- Food Safety Recall: Rich Products Corporation recalls Farm Rich® Mini Quesadillas, Farm Rich® Mini Pizza Slices, Farm Rich® Philly Cheese Steaks, Farm Rich® Mozzarella Bites, and Market Day® Mozzarella Bites due to possible contamination with E. coli O121.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Natura Pet Products expands its earlier dry pet food recall to include additional California Natural, EVO, Health Wise and Innova dry dog food and dry cat food products due to potential Salmonella contamination.
- Allergy Alert: Freybe Gourmet Foods Ltd. recalls Freybe Summer Sausage because the package contains Jagdwurst, which contains mustard seeds that are not declared on the label.
- Food Safety Recall: Central-Epicure Food Products Ltd. (Toronto, ON) recalls Central-Epicure brand Gefilte Fish, Ready to Serve, Sweet and Savoury because the product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): KP Snacks Ltd. recalls 4 variants of McCoy’s multipack crisps due to possible contamination with small pieces of plastic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.