Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For up-to-date information on recalls and product withdrawals associated with the horse meat investigation, please consult the Horse Meat Synopsis and Recalls page.
- Allergy Alert: JS Pelmeni OK, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Potato Dumplings (1 lb clear plastic bags; UPC 6 54368 10038 6) and Potato and Mushroom Dumplings (1 lb clear plastic bags; UPC 6 54368 10039 3), due to undeclared milk and soy. The recalled products were distributed on or before 2/11/13 to retailers in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Illinois.
- Food Safety Recall: Perfect Pasta Inc. (Addison, IL) recalls Gina Fully Cooked Roast Beef with Seasoned Juice (5-lb pkgs; Est 19829; Lot code 040615RB; Pack date 02-06-13), due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled product was manufactured on February 6, 2013 and supplied to institutions in Chicago.
- Food Safety Recall: Wegmans recalls various Wegmans Brand bread products sold between November 1, 2012 and February 15, 2013, because an ingredient may contain thin pieces of wire mesh. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products.
- Food Safety Recall Update: Target advises its customers that Taylor Farms Organic Baby Spinach (16-oz trays; Item 211-03-0072; UPC 0-30223-04780-3; Best by 2/24/2013), recalled by Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. due to potential Enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli (EHEC) contamination, was distributed to Target stores
- Allergy Alert: Unique Wonton Ltd. recalls Unique Wonton brand Jumbo Shrimp & Seaweed Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00194 1; All codes), Leek & Shrimp Wonton (170g; UPC 8 30121 00181 1; All codes), Shrimp & Chicken Wonton (170g; UPC 8 30121 00187 3; All codes), Scallop & Shrimp Wonton (170g; UPC 8 30121 00182 8; All codes), Seafood & Shrimp Wonton (170g; UPC 8 30121 00183 5; All codes), Canton Shrimp Dumpling (200g; UPC 8 30121 00185 9; All codes), Shrimp Shao Mai (250g; UPC 8 30121 00601 4; All codes), Sticky Rice w/Chicken (340g; UPC 8 30121 00606 9; All codes), Jumbo Shrimp Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00196 5; All codes), Leek & Jumbo Shrimp Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00198 9; All codes), Jumbo Shrimp & Scallop Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00195 8; All codes), Jumbo Shrimp & Chili Oil Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00193 4; All codes), Jumbo Shrimp Snow Pea Sprout Wonton (250g; UPC 8 30121 00192 7; All codes), and Canton Shrimp Wonton (170g; UPC 8 30121 00180 4; All codes), due to undeclared milk and egg. The recalled products were supplied to retailers in Ontario.
- Allergy Alert: Continental Strictly Kosher Meat, Poultry and Delicatessen Products Ltd. (Mont-Royal, QC) recalls Continental Glatt Kosher brand Beef Frankfurters (Variable weights; All dates up to and including 13 AL 03), Beef Frankfurters (375g; UPC 0 64904 11110 1; All dates up to and including 13 AL 03), B.B.Q. Beef Frankfurters (375g; UPC 0 64904 11110 1; All dates up to and including 13 AL 03), Cocktail-Beef Frankfurters (350g; UPC 0 64904 11109 5; All dates up to and including 13 AL 03) and Beef Bologna (Variable weights; All dates up to and including 13 AL 03), due to undeclared mustard. The recalled products were distributed in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Raw Ecstasy recalls Raw Ecstasy Wasabi Miso flavoured Activated Walnuts (70g; All date and batch codes) and Raw Ecstasy Wasabi Miso flavoured Activated Almonds (70g; All date and batch codes), due to undeclared mustard seeds.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Picard recalls Picard Chili con Carne “Cuisine Evasion” (350g carton; Item code 7280.6) due to the presence of horse meat in the product.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): PARKnSHOP recalls Findus Beef Lasagne (360g pkg; Manufactured by Comigel (Luxembourg); Imported from Britain), because the product may be adulterated with horse meat.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Coca-Cola Amatil recalls Schweppes Lemonade, Schweppes Tonic Water, Schweppes Soda, Schweppes Dry Ginger Ale, and Schweppes Soda Lemon Twist non-alcoholic beverages (330 ml clear glass bottles sold individually or as 4-packs; Best before 10 January 2014 to 30 January 2014) due to risk of glass fragments in the bottles. The recalled product was supplied to supermarkets, cafés, licensed premises and other retail outlets throughout New Zealand.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.