Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Buehler’s Fresh Foods alerts customers that Clorox Company has recalled Hidden Valley EZ Squeeze Light Original Ranch (20 oz; UPC 0-71100-00023; Lot code G12355) due to incorrect labeling.
- Food Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Single Cup Coffee 12-pack varieties including Original Donut, Dark Roast and Breakfast blend, due to inadequate filters that release grounds into finished cups of coffee.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Skare Food A/S recalls Salted meat (80g; Packaged 7/1-2012; Best before 4/2-2013) due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Højer Sausages A/S recalls Teepølse (250g; Packaged 9/1-2013 and 16/1-2013; Best before 18/2-2013 and 25/2-2013) due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Food Safety Recall/Alert (UK): The Food Standards Agency announces the recall of Cake Factory Outlet and Clearance Cake Excess brands of cakes, biscuits, sweets, puddings and tarts (All packages sizes and batch codes), because the products were rebranded and relabeled in an establishment served with a Hygiene Emergency Prohibition Notice due to unsatisfactory hygiene conditions.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall/Alert (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety urges the public not to consume the following soft cheese products, recalled by the Australian manufacturer (Jindi Cheese Pty Ltd), because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes: Blue Brie Cheese (Manufactured 13/11/2012 & 28/11/2012), Chilled Brie Cheese Cartons (Manufactured 11/10/2012, 15/10/2012, 16/10/2012, 1/11/2012, 5/11/2012, 6/11/2012, 13/11/2012, 25/11/2012 & 28/11/2012), Chilled Camembert Cheese Cartons (Manufactured 11/10/2012, 15/10/2012, 19/10/2012, 1/11/2012, 6/11/2012, 13/11/2012, 23/11/2012 & 25/11/2012), Jindi Brie Cheese (125g; Manufactured 15/10/2012, 1/11/2012 & 25/11/2012), Jindi Camembert Cheese (125g; Manufactured 15/10/2012, 11/11/2012 & 25/11/2012), Jindi Rustic Brie Cheese (125g; Manufactured 24/10/2012 & 15/11/2012), Jindi Traditional Blue Cheese (125g; Manufactured 11/10/2012 & 1/11/2012), and Jindi Triple Cream Cheese (180g; Manufactured 2/11/2012 & 11/11/2012). The recalled cheeses were imported by the PARKnSHOP and Pacific Gourmet chains.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall website.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.