Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
For current information on international and retail distribution of peanut butter products recalled due to Salmonella Bredeney, please consult the Trader Joe’s/Sunland Peanut Butter Recalls tab.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Company warns its customers that the manufacturer has recalled Dolores Pickled Carrots, 1RW, due to possible contamination with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled product was sold in Food4Less and FoodsCo stores.
- Food Safety Recall/Outbreak Alert: Loblaw Companies Ltd. recalls Butchers Choice Barbecue Beef Burgers (UPC 0 60383 89364 4; Best before 2013 FE 10; Est 752) and Butchers Choice Hickory Barbecue Beef Burgers (UPC 0 60383 89364 4; Best before 2013 FE 01; Est 752), because the products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. recall is the result of E. coli O157:H7 product testing by the CFIA related to an ongoing outbreak investigation. Canadian Press reports that the Public Health Agency of Canada is investigating four cases of E. coli O157:H7 illness; Canadian Food Inspection Agency officials are currently inspecting the Cardinal Meat Specialist Ltd. (Est 752) facility where the burgers were manufactured.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Belgium’s Federal Food Safety Agency advises the public that Prins et Dingemanse Zeeuwse Oesters nr 2 (Product of Zeeland, The Netherlands; Lot #LO8919; Expiry 16/12/2012), may be contaminated with Salmonella. Belgian distributors of these oysters have been requested to recall them from the market.
- Food Safety Alert (Scotland, UK): The Food Standards Agency advises the public that Fu Zhou Chan Kee Traditional Fresh Fish Balls (450g; All date and batch codes) were produced in unapproved premises under unstaisfactory hygiene conditions and are believed to have been distributed in the Lothian region of Scotland. Consumers who purchased this product should not eat it.
- Consumer Product Safety Alert (UK): BBC reports that Tarton Collection Kits, a children’s face paint kit that was imported from China by Salford-based Chelford Limited, contains dangerous levels of lead.
- Outbreak Alert (UK): More than 400 passengers on Oriana (P&O Cruises) were stricken by norovirus during a recent 10-day Baltic cruise, according to BBC.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1731): Metal pieces in marzipan from Denmark; distributed to Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.1732): Salmonella in chilled oysters from the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.