Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Cucina Fresca Gourmet Foods recalls Cucina Fresca Smoked Tomato Sauce (24-oz glass jars; Lot 11002A or 11002B; UPC 8-84337-00522-4), due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recall product was sold at Pacific Northwest Whole Foods and Quality Food Center locations in Oregon and Washington states from the end of June 2012 on.
- Food Safety Recall: Fresh Express Incorporated (Salinas, CA) recalls Hearts of Romaine Salad (10-oz; Product code beginning with G222; Use by date August 23, 2012), due to a possible health risk from Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product, which is now expired, was distributed predominantly in eastern and southeastern states, including in stores belonging to Food City, and Publix.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Samantha Lynn Inc. recalls Reumofan Plus Tablets (30 tablets/bottle; lots may include the numbers 99515 ex096 and expires: 2016), after the undeclared drugs methocarbamol and diclofenac were found in the product. The recalled tablets were sold between Feb 2012 and June 2012.
- Food Safety Recall/Outbreak Alert: The California Department of Public Health is leading an investigation into approximately 90 confirmed cases of Salmonella Braenderup in the USA. The outbreak strain is identical to the strain responsible for 22 cases of salmonellosis in Canada. California has confirmed 73 cases in that state; an additional 6 cases are reported by Washington state. Two-thirds of the California cases reported having consumed mangoes. Splendid Products LLC and Charlie’s Produce have voluntarily recalled/withdrawn Daniella mangoes (PLU 4959), which were implicated in the Canadian outbreak.
- Allergy Alert: Cappadocia Import Export Turkish Bazaar Ltd. recalls Cappadocia Import Export Ltd. Whole Pitted Sundried Malatya Apricots (350g; Expiry May 30, 2013), due to the presence of undeclared sulphites. The recalled product was sold in Alberta.
- Allergy Alert: Dong Phuong Oriental Market Ltd. recalls QK brand Jackfruit Freeze Dried, Sapota Freeze Dried, Durian Freeze Dried, Jackfruit Chips, Mixed Fruit Chips, and Mixed Fruits Freeze Dried (Exp. 28/13/2013), due to the presence of undeclared sulphites. The recalled products were sold in Alberta and Manitoba.
- Food Safety Recall: Fresh Start Foods recalls GFS Sliced Mangoes (6 lb; no codes), due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled fruit was distributed to hotels, restaurants and institutions in Albert and Manitoba.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.