Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Giant Food Stores advises its customers that The Campbell Soup Company has recalled Campbells Oyster Stew Soup, Condensed (10.5-oz cans; UPC 5100003087), based on FDA’s findings of insanitary conditions of shellfish areas in Korea.
- Food Safety Recall: Bi-Lo advises its customers that the manufacturer has recalled GrandAsia Oysters (8-oz can; UPC 19882-00204 or 19882-0204; All lots).
- Prescription Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Sandoz recalls Introvale® Oral Contraceptive (Lot nos. LF00478C, LF00479C, LF00551C, LF00552C, LF00687C, LF00688C, LF00763C, LF00764C, LF00765C and LF01261C), due to a packaging flaw. The recalled lots were distributed only in the USA between January 2011 and May 2012.
- Food Safety Recall: Kabul Farms (Mississauga, ON) recalls Ground Beef Reg. and Ground Beef Lean (varying weight plastic bags; sold on May 31, 2012), because the products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. No confirmed illnesses are associated with these products at this time. The recalled products were sold only from the Kabul Farms store at 255 Dundas Street West, Mississauga, ON.
- Food Safety Recall (Sweden): Statoil recalls Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Salad (Sold May 21st through June 5th), after Listeria was reported in the smoked salmon that was used in the salad. The recalled salads were sold at Statoil Stations.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Skare East Ltd. recalls Minced Pork and Veal, 3-7% (500g pkgs; Package date 30.05.2012; Best before 07.06.2012), after Salmonella was detected in samples of the product.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Danish Supermarket A/S recalls Organic Cane Sugar (Packed in Germany; Production date 10/4-2012; Best before 10/4-2015), due to contamination with mouse droppings, cardboard pieces and plastic strips.
- Food Safety Recall (Greece): New Provis SA recalls Provis Loutraki Natural Mineral Water (0.5L; Expiration dates 10/1/13, 13/01/13, 15/5/13 and 18/5/13), due to contamination with off-white suspended particles of filamentous hyphae (mold).
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.