Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Diamond Pet Foods recalls Diamond Naturals Small Breed Adult Dog Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Food (samples, 6-lb bags and 18-lb bags; Manufactured Aug. 26, 2011; Production code DSL0801; Best before dates 26-Aug-2012, 27-Sept-2012 and 18-Oct-2012), because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled product was distributed in Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin, and may have been sold nationally through on-line retailers or other pet food channels.
- Allergy Alert: Foster Farms (Turlock, CA) recalls Foster Farms Ready to Cook, Boneless Mediterranean Style White Turkey Burgers (10-lb cases containing 30 x 5.33-oz burgers; Case code 96384; Julian date codes 1362, 2027, 2033, 2039, 2040, 2046, 2054, 2125, 2129, 2130, and 2131; Est no. P-157), because of misbranding and because the product contains a seasoning mix with undeclared hydrolyzed soy protein. The recalled burgers were produced on various dates between December 28, 2011 and May 10, 2012 and were sold for institutional use in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Utah and Washington. Foster Farms turkey burgers sold in grocery and club stores are not affected by this recall.
- Allergy Alert: Santos Agency, Inc. recalls a number of Santos Brand products (various kinds of flours, legumes and spices; various package sizes; Distributed in California between May 2011 and May 2012), because the products may contain undeclared peanuts and wheat. Please refer to the recall notice for a detailed list of affected products.
- Allergy Alert Update: USDA releases retail distribution information for Saffron Road Lamb Koftis entrées that were recalled by August Foods Inc on May 17, 2012.
- Food Safety Recall: Mazowsze Deli Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Vegetable Salad (1-lb uncoded clear plastic container; Sold from the deli’s retail location at 420 Church Avenue, Brooklyn), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: River Ranch Fresh Foods, LLC (Salinas, CA) recalls various brands of retail and foodservice bagged salads (Best by code dates between 12MAY2012-22MAY2012 or Julian date codes between 116-125), because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Retail brands include River Ranch, Farm Stand, Hy-Vee, Marketside, Shurfresh, and The Farmer’s Market. Foodservice brands include River Ranch, Cross Valley, Fresh n Easy, Promark and Sysco. Please refer to the complete list recalled retail and foodservice products for details on varieties, package sizes, and states in which each product was distributed.
- Food Safety Recall: Caribe Produce LTD Co. (McAllen, TX) recalls Caribeña Brand Papaya Maradol (Product of Mexico), due to possible contamination with Salmonella. The recalled cases of Papaya Maradol were distributed in the Bronx, NY in wholesale stores and through retail stores from May 14, 2012 to May 17, 2012.
- Food Safety Recall: Lancaster Frozen Foods and G&W Incorporated recall approximately 7,000 pounds of ground beef products due to possible contamination with E. coli. The recalled products were produced between March 2nd and May 11th at Lancaster Frozen Foods and between March 2nd and April 12th at G&W, according to a report on Marler Blog.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: West Coast Nutritionals, Ltd. recalls all lots of Firminite, Extra Strength Instant Hot Rod, and Libidron Capsules (all package formats and sizes), after FDA lab analysis finds undeclared Tadalafil in a sample of Firminite. The recalled products may have been ordered online at http://www.firminite.com, http://www.instanthotrodextrastrength.com, http://www.libidron.com, or http://www.amazon.com, and were distributed to customers and retailers nationwide and worldwide.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency reports the recall of Gills Onions brand Fresh Diced Red Onions (198g packages; Product of USA; UPC 6 43550 00045 0; Best Before 05/17/2012; Lot code 51RDA1A2119), due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product is known to be distributed in Ontario and may have been distributed nationally.
- Food Safety Recall: Sobeys Inc. recalls the following Compliements brand salads and prepared foods (Product of USA; Best before dates 12MA12 to 12MA22, inclusive/May 12 to 22, 2012), due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products include: Compliments Garden Supreme (340g), Compliments Simply Romaine (454g), Compliments Harvest Romaine (284g), Compliments American Blend (340g), Compliments Coleslaw (454g), and Compliments Garden Salad (340g and 680g). The products were distributed nationally, except in the province of Quebec. In addition, in store produced products containing lettuce such as salads, sandwiches or wraps purchased prior to May 19, 2012 from IGA and Sobeys stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Sobeys, Price Chopper, or Foodland stores in Ontario should be discarded and not consumed. These clerk-served foods contain lettuce which may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.