Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: FunFresh Foods, Inc. (San Clemente, CA) recalls FunFresh Foods™ World Berries™ Organic “Cacao Nibs” (6-oz pouch; UPC 632474929022; Use by date 04/14; Lot code 161104), because the product may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled product was distributed from April 12th through 17th (2012) to health and natural food retail stores in AK, AR, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NH, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, SC, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI, and WV.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Diamond Pet Foods expands its dry pet food recall, because products manufactured at its Gaston, South Carolina production facility may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please see the Diamond Pet Foods, Etc. Recalls – 2012 page for details on the recalled products.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Natural Balance recalls several products manufactured on its behalf by Diamond Pet Foods, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please see the Diamond Pet Foods, Etc. Recalls – 2012 page for details on the recalled products.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Canidae Pet Foods recalls several products manufactured on its behalf by Diamond Pet Foods, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please see the Diamond Pet Foods, Etc. Recalls – 2012 page for details on the recalled products. The recalled products were distributed in Florida, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Tennessee. Further distribution to other pet foods channels may have occurred.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: WellPet LLC recalls Wellness Complete Health® Super5Mix® Large Breed Puppy dry dog food (15-lb and 30-lb bags and 5-oz sample bags; Best by dates of JAN 9 2013 through JAN 11 2013), because the product, which was manufactured by Diamond Pet Foods, may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Outbreak Alert: WRAL reports that the Nash County Health Department is investigating several reports of gastroenteritis that it says might be associated with Ribeye’s Steakhouse off N.C. Highway 64 in Nashville. One person has been hospitalized.
- Food Safety Recall: Fromagerie Bergeron Inc. (Saint-Antoine-de-Tilly, QC) recalls Brins de Gouda cheese (100g, 180g, 230g, 260g, 300g and 500g; Lot 12-0687; Best before 2012 MA 18) and Le Populaire cheese (335g; Lot 12-687; Best before 2012 AU 03), because they may contain harmful pieces of metal wire. The recalled products were distributed in Quebec.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Costco Canada advises its customers that Jascor Housewares has recalled Twist ‘n Sparkle home beverage carbonation systems (Costco item # 295585, model # ISITNSB10, Costco item # 295556, model # ISITNSS10 and Costco item # 295582, model # ISICO240), because certain clear plastic bottles develop micro-cracks around the four grooves at the base of the bottle with repeated use. Once the cracks form, the bottles can burst under pressure.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Diamond Pet Foods has announced an expanded recall of dry pet food manufactured at its Gaston, South Carolina facility. Some of the recalled products were distributed to Canada. Please see the Diamond Pet Foods, Etc. Recalls – 2012 page for details on the recalled products.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.