Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Kwik Trip, Inc. (La Crosse, WI) recalls Glazers Donuts (10.75-oz box; UPC 39779 04033; Sell by date on or before 04/07), due to the presence of traces of undeclared egg. The recalled product was sold in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Allergy Alert: Kenzai Sushi Inc (Metro Plus Marché Dépatie, Laval, QC) recalls Makis de Printemps Végétarien (sold up to and including April 5, 2012), due to the presence of undeclared wheat and egg.
- Food Safety Recall: Le Mousseur inc (Magog, QC) recalls Amalfi Chocolat au lait avec caramel (125g; sold between March 23 and March 31, inclusive by fund raisers in the Montérégie), because the product may contain pieces of plastic.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Société Favois recalls Carrefour Agir Solidaire Préparation de Fraises Goyaves Equitable Bio (265g glass jar; UPC 3 560 070 498 178; Best before 06/06/2013), because the product may contain glass fragments.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0504): Unsuitable organoleptic characteristics and dead insects in roasted salted cashew nuts from India; distributed to the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification/Outbreak Alert (EU 2012.0507): Food poisoning suspected to be caused by skimmed milk from Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0509): Mercury in chilled greater amberjack from Greece; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0510): Fluazifop-P-butyl in broccoli from Italy; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0511): Inadequate thermal processing of canned tuna in soya oil from Thailand; distributed to Cyprus.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.