Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Creme Curls Bakery, Inc. (Hudsonville, MI) recalls Simply Enjoy Vanilla Cream Puffs (19.4-oz cartons; UPC 6-88267-12409-9; distributed by Foodhold U.S.A., LLC ) and Crème Curls Bakery Vanilla Cream Puffs (13.2-oz cartons; UPC 0-70109-60055-5; distributed by Crème Curls Bakery), due to the presence of undeclared milk. The affected products were distributed through retail grocery stores nationwide, including Stop & Shop and Giant Food stores.
- Allergy Alert Update: USDA issues retail distribution list for Good & deLish Island Seasoned Chicken products that were recalled by Taylor Farms New Jersey, Inc., due to the presence of undeclared wheat and milk.
- Food Safety Recall: Eddy Packing Co., Inc. (Yoakum, TX) recalls Artisan Fresh, All Natural Chicken & Apple Sausage (1-lb 3-packs and 36-lb cases containing 12 x 3-lb packages; Est P-4800; Sell by June 23, 2012 or Codes 42450 or P13203), after consumers complained about finding pieces of plastic in the product. The recalled products were manufactured on Feb 9, 2012 and distributed nationally Sam’s Club warehouse stores on Feb 14, 2012.
- Food Withdrawal: Topco Associates withdraws Spartan Grated Parmesan Cheese (3-oz and 8-oz units; All lot codes), due to an off odor. The withdrawn products were sold in Spartan, Valu Land, VG’s grocery, VG’s Fresh Market, Glen’s Markets, Glen’s Fresh Market, Family Fare Supermarkets, and D&W Fresh Market stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Importations Casa Vivendi Inc. recalls La Vecchia Fattoria brand Cacciatore Dry Cured Sausages (approx 300g/2 units per pkg; UPC 8 81248 33336 1; Best before 12 23 JL), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product was distributed in Quebec.
- Food Recall: Pasta Kitchen recalls Homestyle Selections Cheese Tortellini (1.2kg; Code 12-213; UPC 7 78809 45012 7), due to a labeling issue. The packages actually contain meat lasagna. The recalled product was distributed in Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba.
- Food Recall: Coca-Cola Bottling Company recalls Coca-Cola (355mL; Code JN2512WED). The reason for the recall was not specified. The recalled product was distributed in Quebec.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Manning Impex Ltd withdraws Buenas brand Macapuno String, Coconut Sport in Syrup (340g; Best before End of August 2012), due to the presence of undeclared sulphur dioxide.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0474): Ochratoxin A in milling rye in bulk from Germany; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0475): Bone fragments in salami with garlic (Agroikla) from Germany; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0478): Aflatoxins in sugar snack with nuts from Turkey; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0479): Mercury in roasted ducks from China; distributed to Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns the public not to buy or consume the oral product Fu Fang Chuan Ling Ding Chuan Jiao Nang, as it may contain one or more Western drugs that are dangerous to health.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.