Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Southside Market & BBQ (Elgin, TX) recalls Southside Market & BBQ Original Beef Sausage (16 oz pkgs; Lot #065-E), Southside Market & BBQ Original Beef Sausage (16 and 48 oz pkgs; Lot #065-A, 065-B, o65-C and 065-D), and Southside Market & BBQ 1882 Hot Recipe Beef Sausage (16 oz pkgs; Lot #065-D), because the ready-to-eat beef sausages may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled sausages were produced on March 5, 2012 and distributed to retail warehouses in Texas, as well as through internet sales to California, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana and Texas. H-E-B, a Texas supermarket chain, has advised its customers of this recall.
- Allergy Alert: Quality Natural Foods Canada Inc. recalls Haldiram’s Indian Snacks All-in-One (160g pkgs; UPC 8 904004 402025), due to the presence of undeclared sesame seeds. The recalled snacks were sold in retail stores across Canada.
- Allergy Alert: Boucherie Jean-Guy (Granby, QC) recalls Tortière, Ragout, Pâté au saumon and Pâté mexicain, due to the presence of undeclared milk, wheat, soy and/or sulfites.
- Allergy Alert: Elderflower Organic Farm recalls Elderflower Organic Farm Sprouted Lentil Burgers (various count pkgs; All lots where tahini is declared in the ingredient list), due to the presence of undeclared sesame seeds. The recalled product was distributed in Prince Edward Island to retailers and to the hotel/restaurant/institutional trade.
- Allergy Alert: Santa Maria Foods ULC recalls Divella Gnocchi 45 pasta (500g; UPC 8 005121 000450; Code 17 FR E2 A; Best before 31/12/2013), due to the presence of undeclared egg. The recalled product was sold in retail stores in Nova Scotia and Quebec.
- Food Safety Recall: L’Arôme des Bois (Rawdon, QC) recalls Têtes de violon marinées/Marinated Fiddleheads (190ml glass jars; no expiry dates indicated), because the product was prepared in a microbiologically safe manner and was displayed for sale without refrigeration.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Sandoz Canada Inc. recalls Morphine Sulfate Injection, 2 mg/mL (Lot CC29824; Exp. 2014-12), after a Toronto hospital found one box labelled as morphine ampoules that actually contained ampoules of isoproterenol. Sandoz Canada is inspecting its remaining inventory of morphine packages from affected lot to confirm that all of the packages contain the correct product.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc recalls Morrisons Carvery Honey and Mustard Ham (125g; Use by 8 April 2012), due to the presence of undeclared mustard.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0429): Campylobacter spp. in chilled chicken from the Netherlands, via Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0430): Aflatoxins in whole Egusi from Sierra Leone; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0431): Organophosphate pesticides in chamomile flower from Egypt, via Germany; distributed to Belgium and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0432): Bacillus cereus in parsley from Spain; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0433): Mercury in frozen mako shark from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0434): Incorrect labeling on cooked turkey breast from the United Kingdom; distributed to Gibraltar and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0435): Carbendazim in broccoli from China; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2012.0436): Undeclared sulphite in sultanas from Turkey; distributed to Italy and Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0437): Cadmium in chilled squids from Argentina; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0438): Listeria monocytogenes in fermented pork dumplings from France; distributed to France and the Netherlands.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Goodman Fielder recalls Meadow Lea Extra Light Margarine (500g yellow plastic tub; Best before 28 AUG 2012), due to possible contamination with a cleaning solution. The recalled product was distributed through Coles Supermarkets, independent supermarkets and corner stores across Australia.
- Food Recall (New Zealand): Homecare Health Management Ltd. recalls Lotcare Gold Grow Up Nutritional Supplement (808g can; Batch number PCT11287P; Use by 20/10/2013 and 21/10/2013), because the product does not fully meet the New Zealand requirements for composition.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.