Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Nest Collective™ recalls Revolution Foods brand Jammy Sammy™ Strawberry Jam & Peanut Butter Flavor Snack Size Sandwich Bars (5-count carton; Best by 06/28/12, because peanut was not declared as an ingredient on the inner wrappers. The recalled cartons are sold online and at retail stores across the USA.
- Food Safety Recall: Greencore, USA – Cincinnati recalls Take Away Café Egg Salad Sandwiches (7.66 oz; Sell by 1/25/12 through 2/7/12) and Quick Café Egg Salad Wedge (5.68 oz; Enjoy by date of 1/22/12 through 2/4/12), because the sandwiches contain eggs manufactured by Michael Foods Inc that are the subject of a recall due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The sandwiches were distributed to retailers in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Food Safety Recall: F&S Produce Company Inc (Deerfield, NJ) recalls Fresh Garden Highway Spinach Salad with Bacon (10-oz plastic container; All Sell by dates through 2/8/12) and Fresh Garden Highway Cobb Salad (10.75-oz plastic container; All Sell by dates through 2/8/12), because the salads contain eggs manufactured by Michael Foods Inc that are the subject of a recall due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled salads were shipped to a warehouse in Pennsylvania for distribution to retail locations.
- Food Safety Recall: Delhaize America recalls all Food Lion brand and Hannaford brand potato salads sold at Bloom, Bottom Dollar Food, Food Lion, Reid’s and Sweetbay grocery stores (Use By dates of March 12, 13, 14 or 15), as well as Allison’s Gourmet Kitchens Potato Salad (Bulk sales from full service deli cases at Bloom, Food Lion, Reid’s and Sweetbay stores), because the salads contain eggs manufactured by Michael Foods Inc that are the subject of a recall due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: GH Foods CA, LLC (Sacramento, CA) recalls DeLish brand Egg Salad on HoneyWheat Sandwich (8.5 oz; UPC 0 49022-51925 1; Enjoy By date 1/17/12 through 2/5/12) and DeLish brand Tuna Salad on Multigrain Bread Sandwich (8.5 oz; UPC 0 49022 51928 2; Enjoy by date 1/22/12 through 2/5/12), because the salads contain eggs manufactured by Michael Foods Inc that are the subject of a recall due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Company recalls Fresh Garden Highway Cobb Salad (7.5 oz; Kroger stores in Texas and Louisiana), Deli Egg Salad Sandwich w/White Bread (6 oz; Dillons, Baker’s, Gerbes and Food4Less Fremont stores) and various Allison’s Gourmet prepared salads (Dillons, Baker’s Gerbes and Food4Less Fremont stores), because the salads contain eggs manufactured by Michael Foods Inc that are the subject of a recall due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Healthy People Co. recalls the following dietary supplements, after FDA lab analysis confirmed the presence of Sibutramine and Tadalafil in the products: Mince Belle Dietary Supplement (HPCMB/10-026, HPCMB/10-027, HPCMB/10-029, HPCMB/10-020, HPCMB/10-021; UPC7503013203305), PERFECT Men Dietary Supplement (HPCPM/002; UPC7503013203190), EVERLAX Dietary Supplement (HPCEX/074, HPCEX/076, HPCEX/072; UPC7503013203046), EVER Slim Dietary Supplement (HPCES-079, HPCES-070, HPCES-071; UPC7503013203053), Herbal Drink Acai-man Mangosteen Dietary Supplement (HPJAC/004: UPC7503013203015), EVER SLIM Shake Mix Dietary Supplement Strawberry (HPESSF/168: UPC7503013203084), and EVER SLIM Shake Mix Dietary Supplement Chocolate (HPESSC/061: UPC7503013203077).
- Allergy Alert: Kuo Hua Trading Company Ltd. (Markham, ON) recalls Mic’s brand Sesame Brown Rice Wafer (190g package; Product of Taiwan; Exp. 21.11.2012), due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The recalled product was distributed in Ontario and British Columbia.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Dollarama LP/S.E.C. (Montreal, QC) recalls Baby Bibs (Manufactured in China; Item No. 19-1900392 and 19-3018618), because the bibs’ lining contains a phthalate, specifically DEHP (Di(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate), which exceeds the allowable limit.
Australia and New Zealand
- Alternative Treatment Product Safety Alert (Australia): The Therapeutic Goods Administration advises consumers not to purchase or use unproven products that claim to cure or treat cancer. Specifically, the recent use of Black Salve (also known as Cansema or Bloodroot) has resulted in serious harm to the skin of three Australian consumers who used the unproven product to treat various skin conditions. Black Salve has not been formally assessed by the TGA and is not included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Food Safety Alert (Colombia): The Ministry of Health advises the public that two Jones’ Seasoning Blends – Jones’ Mock Salt Original and Jones’ Mock Salt Spicy Southwest Blend – were recalled by the manufacturer due to possible contamination with Salmonella. The recalled products were sold internationally over the internet between July 1, 2011 and December 14, 2011.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.