Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Pinnacle Foods Group LLC recalls the following Aunt Jemima Frozen Pancakes (box of 12; Recommended Use By Date between November 1, 2011 and October 16, 2012, inclusive), due to the presence of undeclared soy. The affected pancake varieties include: Buttermilk Low Fat (12/14.5-oz; UPC 19600-05100), Oatmeal (12/14.8oz; UPC 19600-05490), Buttermilk (12/14.8oz; 19600-05820), Homestyle (12/14.8oz; UPC 19600-05910), Confetti (12/14.8oz; UPC 19600-05955), and Whole Grain (12/14.5oz; UPC 19600-06040).
- Food Safety Alert Rescinded: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health rescinded its consumer alert for raw milk from Twin Rivers Farm in Ashley Falls, MA after more specific lab tests did not confirm brucellosis in a Massachusetts resident, and after the milk and cows at the farm also tested negative for Brucella. The state is also rescinding a “Cease and Desist from the sale of Raw Milk” order that had been issued to the dairy last week.
- Food Safety Recall: Saputo Inc. (Montreal, QC) recalls Neilson Trutaste 2% Microfiltered Partly Skimmed Milk (4-L bags; Best before code 1590 FE12 H7; Best before date February 12, 2012), because the milk may be contaminated with a cleaning solution. One reaction has been reported. The recalled milk was distributed in Ontario and in Aylmer, Quebec.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Doves Farm Foods Limited withdraws Gluten-Free Buckwheat Flour (1kg; Best before 12.10.12; Batch code 2011), because the product contains low levels of gluten.
- Pharmaceutical Product Allergy Alert (UK): MHRA advises the public that Dekristol 20,000 IU Colecalciferol Capsules, an unlicensed product that has been imported in significant quantities into the UK (Manufactured by MIBE GMBH, Germany), contains undeclared peanut oil and is contraindicated for patients with nut allergies.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Hilton Foods Denmark recalls Butcher chopped pig/calf 8-12% (500g; Batch No. 400242203A; Best before 23.01.2012), due to Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Greece): EFET orders the immediate withdrawal of Lev – Sheath Headless Canned Seafood (500g pkgs; Best before 31.12.2013), due to excessive levels of histamine.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Recall (France): French authorities have seized and have ordered the recall of Civic Crème pour la Peau (Lot #3A588), Charms (Lachiparma) Crème Eclaircissante pour la Peau (30g; Lot #080188) and L’Abidjanaise Crème pour la Peau (50g; Lot #54), because the products contain clobetasol dipropionate, which is not a permitted ingredient in cosmetics in France.
- Food Safety Enforcement Action (Sweden): Following a request by the National Food Administration, an administrative court judge has ordered a fine of 200,000 crown to be levied against Scan after the company repeatedly ignored orders to correct a condensation problem in its Linköping slaughterhouse.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.