Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: M.E. Thompson, Inc. (Jacksonville, FL) recalls Anytime Deli Turkey & Ham Sub Sandwich (white butcher-wrap pkg; Expiration date January 19th and January 22nd; UPC 0543200194), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled sandwiches were distributed on January 2nd and 3rd to convenience stores in Florida and Georgia.
- Allergy Alert: Ferme Piscicole des Bobines Inc. (Hereford, QC) recalls Minis Feuilletés de truite arc-en-ciel à la Florentine (120g; Lot MLFO11-055), Minis Feuilletés de truite arc-en-ciel à la Provençale (120g; Lot MPRO11-055, MPRO11-144 and MPRO11-277) and Minis Feuilletés de truite arc-en-ciel à la Milanaise (120g; Lot MMIL11-187 and MMIL11-343), due to the presence of undeclared egg. The recalled products were sold from the retail store at Ferme Piscicole des Bobines Inc, East Hereford, QC.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Iceland Foods Ltd. recalls Iceland Frozen Lamb Mince (454g; Best before 11/10/2012), due to the presence of Salmonella arizonae.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Taga Foods Denmark recalls Taga Serrano Ham (60g pkg; Lot 044911.1; Best before 04-08-2012; Product of Spain), because some packages are leaking, which may allow microbial contamination and growth.
- Unlicensed Drug/Allergy Alert (UK): MHRA advises all healthcare professionals that Vigantoletten 1000IU Colecalciferol Tablets (Produced by Merck Serono, Germany), which has been imported in significant quantities into the UK is an unlicensed product and also contains undeclared soya oil.
- Blood Product Field Safety Notice/Recall (Spain): Haemonetics Corporation (Braintree, MA) recalls certain disposable materials for red blood cells (Product Nos. 0948F-00, 00941-00, 0942-00, 00944-00, 946FF-00, 0947F-00, 00235-00 and 0235P-00), after microscopic leaks were detected in the internal welds at the tops of some bags.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0131): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina, via Germany; distributed to the Czech Republic and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0132): Salmonella in paan leaves from India; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0133): Salmonella in soy bean meal from Italy; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0134): Norovirus in oysters from the Netherlands; distributed to Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0135): Salmonella Mbandaka in organic soypresscake from Italy; distributed to Sweden.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0137): Salmonella Montevideo in soybean meal from Italy; distributed to Austria.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2012.0139): Salmonella Livingstone in corn gluten meal from the Netherlands; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0140): Listeria monocytogenes in Wicklow Farmhouse Cheese Ltd. chilled wicklow blue Irish farmhouse cheese from Ireland; distributed to Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2012.0141): Deterioration of oat cakes from Hungary; distributed to Poland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns the public not to use the unregistered slimming product Fat 2 AND 1 Burners III, as it has been found to contain the banned pharmaceutical ingredients sibutramine and phenolphthalein.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Ontrack Pty Ltd recalls Walkers Chocolates of London Milk Chocolate Selection Fruit and Nut Selection (450g plastic jar; Best before Aug 01 2012), due to the presence of undeclared brazil nut and almond. The recalled product was sold at Kmart stores across australia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.