Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. recalls Winn-Dixie Brand Italian Green Beans (14.5-oz can; UPC 2114021236; Best by Sept. 2014), due to a potential for in-shell peanuts mixed with the green beans.
- Allergy Alert: U.B.C. Food Distributors (Dearborn, MI) recall Baraka Apricot Candies (14.08-oz/400g cellophane wrapped; Product of Lebanon; Expiration date 5/2013), due to the presence of undeclared elevated levels of sulfites in the candies.
- Allergy Alert: The Kroger Company advises the public that Seattle’s Best Trio Chocolate Sauce (64 oz) has been recalled due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled product was sold in QFC stores.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Laboratoires Grünenthal recalls TEXODIL 200 mg antibiotic (Bottles of 10 pills; Lot #528; Expiry October 2013), due to a reduction in the concentration of active ingredient at 25 months after production. The level of active ingredient remains within specification at this date.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall/Alert (China): Chinese government authorities have recalled cooking oil (peanut oil) products made by Fusheng Oil, Manyi Peanut Oil and Mabao Oil, due to the presence of elevated levels of aflatoxin.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (Hong Kong and Macao): Roche Hong Kong Limited recalls Xeloda Tab 500mg (Batch No. X0106B01), because of improper preparation of the single active ingredient.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.