Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Rhee Bros., Inc. (Hanover, MD) recalls ASSI brand Gyeong Dan Korean Cake (8-oz pkg; Item #20649D) due to the presence of undeclared egg. The recalled product was distributed nationwide in Asian food retail stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (Jacksonville, FL) recalls Sunrise Assorted Flavor Gummy Bears (self-serve bulk bins; sold between November 14 and December 13) due to the possibility of metal contamination. The recalled bulk Gummy Bears were available in five Winn-Dixie stores in Florida and Louisiana, including St. Johns Commons (Jacksonville, FL), Concord Shopping Mall (Miami, FL), Pepper Tree Plaza (Margate, FL), Main Street Square (Fern Park, FL) and 70431 Hwy 21 (Covington, LA).
- Pet Food Safety Recall: O’Neal’s Feeders Supply Inc. recalls Arrow Brand 21% Dog Chunks (40-lb bag; Packaging date codes 4K0335 to 4K1335), Arrow Brand Super Proeaux Dog Food (40-lb bag; Packaging date codes 4K0335 to 4K1335) and Arrow Brand Professional Formula Dog Food (50-lb bag; Packaging date codes 4K0335 to 4K1335), due to elevated levels of aflatoxin. The recalled dog foods were distributed in Louisiana and Texas.
- Food Safety Recall: Vincor International Inc. recalls Jackson Triggs 2009 Méthode Cuve Close – Sparkling Wine (750 mL; Code 2011-05-11), Jackson Triggs 2010 Méthode Cuve Close – Sparkling Wine (750 mL; Codes 2011-08-08 and 2011-08-09), and Open 2010 Sociable – Sparkling Wine (750 mL; Code 2011-07-01), due to contamination with glass fragments. The recalled wines were distributed in Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: 3903052 Canada Inc. (Establishment #1874; Boisbriand, QC) expands its earlier recall and public warning to include the following Clic brand cheese products, which may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes: Moujadalé (300-400g; Best before date up to and including 11 Mar 2012), Riviera (300-400g; Best before date up to and including 11 Feb 2012), Tressé (300-400g; Best before date up to and including 11 Nov 2012), Vachekaval (300-400g; Best before date up to and including 11 Mar 2012), and Desi Butter Chee (454g and 907g; Lot code ending in 45 or lower). The products were distributed in Québec and Ontario and may also have been shipped to other provinces. One illness has been linked to consumption of the recalled cheese.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls Asda ‘Choosen by You’ Hot & Spicy King Prawns with Garlic Mayonnaise Dip (240g; Use by 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 December 2011), due to the presence of undeclared milk.
- Allergy Alert (Sweden): Axfood AB withdraws Eldorado Instant Noodles (85g pkgs; pork, chicken, shrimp, and mushroom flavors), and Eldorado Instant Noodles (65g cardboard cups; chicken and shrimp flavors) due to the presence of undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Enforcement Action (Greece): EFET alerts the public to the seizure of 34 tonnes of finished confectionery products and raw materials, and to the suspension of operations of Bolero Sugar Trace SA, because the foodstuffs were unsafe and unfit for human consumption. Please refer to the official notice for additional details.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Laboratoires Cooper recalls Arnican 4 pour Cent Crème (50g tube; Lot #005586, 005587, 005588, 005589, 005590, 005591, 005592, 005593, and 005594; Expiry 02/2014), due to contamination with an unidentified non-pathogenic microorganism.
Australia and New Zealand
- Personal Care Product Safety Recall (Australia): Whiter Smile recalls Dr. Collins All-White Bleaching Kit (22% Carbamide Peroxide), Smile Fusion System with Viocin (22% Carbamide Peroxide) and Tres-White Pre-Filled Trays (Hydrogen Peroxide), because the products contain peroxide concentrations in excess of the recognized safe limits.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.