Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Silva Sausage Co (Gilroy, CA) recalls Neto’s Mexican Chorizo 4/1 (5-lb vacuum packs; Est 6086; Item #18062; Lut codes 11279, 11293, 11304, 11321, 11333, or 11341) due to the presence of undeclared wheat. The recalled sausages were produced between Oct. 1, 2011 and Dec. 9, 2011 and distributed for institutional use in Santa Clara, CA.
- Food Safety Recall: Pacific International Marketing recalls Pacific brand Cilantro (60 bunches, 30 bunches, and 20 x 3-bunch sleeves; Carton codes 19 78 111411, 19 78 111811, 19 84 111811, 19 94 111811, 19 78 111911, 19 84 111911, 19 94 111911, and 19 78 112111), after FDA found Salmonella in a sample of the product. The recalled Pacific Cilantro originates from Salt River Farming (Phoenix, AZ) and was distributed through retailers in California, Arizona, Massachusetts, New jersey, Indiana, South Carolina and Missouri. The source of the contamination is unknown.
- Food Safety Recall Update: Kroger advises its customers that Fair Oaks cheeses, which were recalled by the manufacturer due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, were sold in Kroger stores in Indiana (except Evansville and Southwest Indiana), Illinois, and Eastern Missouri.
- Allergy Alert: Kawartha Dairy Ltd. recalls Kawartha Moose Tracks Ice Cream (1.5L; Code #1241; UPC 0 62229 08913 6), because the product was labeled incorrectly as Chocolate Ice Cream and contains undeclared peanuts.
- Allergy Alert: Private Stock Sauce Company recalls Private Stock Chef Robert Cabernet Chili Mustard (300mL; Best before 05 OC 12) and Private Stock Chef Robert Wasabi Lime Mustard (280mL; Best before o5 OC 12), because the products contain undeclared sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall: Ramaker’ Imports (St. Catherines, ON) recalls Bos brand Herring Fillets – Natural (various weight packages; no Best before date; sold from September 2011 to December 7, 2011), because the product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled fish was sold by Ramaker’s Imports, but may also have been available from other retailers.
- Food Safety Recall: Greenwood Mushroom Farm (Ashburn, ON) recalls Windmill Farms Triple Washed Sliced Mushrooms (227g/8oz and 454g/16oz; Code WBB-MA 2011/DE/10), Compliments Sliced Mushrooms (227g/8oz; Code WBB-MA 2011/DE/10) and Longo’s White Mushroom Sliced (227g/8oz; Code WBB-MA 2011/DE/10), because the mushrooms may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were sold in retail stores in Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: Aliments Fontaine Santé Inc. (Ville Saint-Laurent, QC) recalls 29 different Fontaine Santé salads (various sizes; Lot numbers 315-339, inclusive; Best before dates up to and including 2011 DE 26), because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Please refer to the recall notice for a complete list of affected products. The recalled salads were distributed in Québec and Ontario, and may have been sold in other Canadian provinces and territories. CFIA and the manufacturer are warning the public and retailers not to sell, use or consume the affected salads.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.