Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Rio Grande Imports Inc. (Copiague, NY) recalls El Triunfo brand Semita de Piña pineapple-filled pastry (Code 11-22-11), because it contains undeclared dairy.
- Food Safety Recall: Quirch Foods Co (Miami, FL) recalls Cap-Pele Herring Export, Inc. brand Smoked Split Herring (Product of New Brunswick, Canada; Plant Reg #4108-2931), because the herring was found to be uneviscerated and may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum spores. The recalled product was sold to supermarkets and a distributor in Florida and St. Thomas, VI and is repackaged at retail per customer request.
- Food Safety Recall: Schnucks Markets, Inc. recalls all meats ground at the company’s Normal, IL store on Monday, November 21st between 9:50am and 3:30pm, after pieces of a meat packaging clip were found in the grinder during cleaning. Please check the recall notice for a list of affected products.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Ocean Group Inc. dba Ocean Fresh Fish & Seafood Marketing (Los Angeles, CA) that a July 2011 inspection of the company’s seafood processing and importer establishment revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns The Sandwich Man, Inc. (Pearl River, LA) that a May 2011 inspection of the company’s seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Great Oceans, LLC (Jericho, NY) that an October 2011 inspection of the company’s seafood importer establishment revealed a serious violation of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Humpty Dumpty Eggs, Inc. (Reedsville, WI) that a July 2011 inspection of the company’s shell egg production facility revealed serious violations of the Prevention of Salmonella Enteritidis in Shell Eggs During Production, Storage, and Transportation regulation (the shell egg regulation), including the lack of a written Salmonella Enteritidis prevention plan, failure to implement appropriate rodent monitoring methods, and a failure to perform environmental testing for Salmonella Enteritidis at the appropriate time.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns WellnessOne World, LLC/Lifeline Energetics, Inc. (Ramsey, MN) that a June 2011 inspection of the company’s dietary supplement manufacturing facility revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations for dietary supplements.
- Allergy Alert: Les Aliments Kim Phat (Brossard, QC) recalls Pain au porc déchiqueté #28B (all batches), due to the presence of undeclared soy.
- Food Safety Recall (Sweden): ICA recalls ICA brand hot dog (900g & 630g; Best before 2011-12-09), after Listeria is detected in the product during a routine check.
- Food Safety Recall (Switzerland): Denner recalls all San Andrea Mineral Waters (0.5L sparkling; 2L sparkling; 2L still), due to the presence of butanone (a solvent) in two bottles.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Coop Denmark A/S recalls Arugula Salad (Lot 46F; Product of Italy) and Napolitana Green Salad (Product of Italy), after Campylobacter is found in the lettuce.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): AP Green/Shelf Farm recalls green lettuce (Lot 46F, 47B, 47C, 47D and 317), after Campylobacter is found in the lettuce.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.