Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: M & P Food production Ltd. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Bapehuku, Babushka, Russian, and Siberian brands of chicken, beef, veal and pork dumpling products, because they may contain undeclared milk. The recalled products were manufactured between March 18th and Sept. 19th, 2011 and distributed to retailers in Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina.
- Food Safety Recall: Roundy’s Supermarkets Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) recalls Chef’s Collection Chicken Milanese Breast (Item code 037496; Lot code 171589-2561), because the products may have been undercooked. The recalled chicken breast products were sold in Copps, Mariano’s, Metro Market, Pick ‘n Save and Rainbow Foods stores in Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Allergy Alert: Asti Holdings Ltd. (New Westminister, BC) recalls Nougat d’Or brand Honey Almond Nougat, Honey Almond Nougat with Cranberries, and Honey Almond Nougat with Orange (130g packages; Lot #111591111, 113541011, and 110241111), because the products may contain undeclared milk. The recalled products were sold in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Tesco recalls Tesco Free From Pure Oat Fruit Muesli (450g; Best before 20 May 2012, 22 May 2012, 18 June 2012, 19 June 2012) and Tesco Free From Pure Porridge Oats (450g; Best before 22 July 2012, 25 July 2012, 17 August 2012, 18 August 2012, 8 September 2012), because the products may contain low levels of gluten.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls Asda Chosen by You Oat Muesli (Free From), 450g (Best before 03/08/12) and Asda Chosen by You Porridge Oats (Free From), 450g (Best before 02/08/12 and 07/09/12), because the products may contain undeclared wheat gluten.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Outbreak Alert (Lebanon): The Ministry of Health is investigating a number of reports of food poisoning among people in Kesrouan who ate Arabic sweets from a shop in the area, according to a story on Now Lebanon.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Fonterra Brands (New Zealand) Ltd recalls Mainland Tasty Cheese cracked pepper processed slices (500g, 700g, & 1kg blocks; various Best before dates), after a metal fragment was found in a single pack of cheese. Please refer to the recall notice for a list of affected lots.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.