Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Pure Encapsulations (Sudbufy, MA) recalls Pure Encapsulations PreNatal Nutrients (60-count & 120-count; Lot #3560111A and 3560111B; Best by 01/13), because the product contains undeclared egg. One allergic reaction has been reported. PreNatal Nutrients was distributed nationwide through healthcare practitioners.
- Food Recall: Giant Eagle announces recall of Value Time Milk Chocolate Frosting (Sell by June 20 12 WW), because the product may contain undeclared Yell0w #5 and #6 food dyes.
- Allergy Alert: Indianlife Food Corporation expands its earlier recall to include the following products: Indianlife Black Pepper Papadums (Code #11042 and 11101), Indianlife Cumin Papadums (Code #11069), and Indianlife Plain Papadums (Code #10249, 10351, 11027 and 11111), due to the presence of undeclared gluten. The recalled Papadums were imported from India and distributed in Alberta, BC, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia. There has been one illness reported.
- Allergy Alert: McBuns Bakery recalls various McBuns brand baked goods, due to the presence of undeclared soy or sulphites. The recalled products were distributed in New Brunswick.
- Allergy Alert: McBuns Bakery recalls McBuns Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies (420g), due to the presence of undeclared milk and soy.
- Food Safety Recall: Johnvince Foods (Downsview, ON) recalls President’s Choice Raw California Walnut Halves, Unsalted (250g; Best before 2012 OC 07) and Reddi Snack Hand Selected California Walnuts (350g; Code #16581), because the products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled walnuts were imported from the USA, packaged in Canada, and distributed nationally in Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Ferme aux Pleines Saveurs (Saint-André-Avellin, QC) recalls all lots of Pesto fleurs d’ail biologique, Pesto à la coriandre, Pesto au basillic, and Purée d’ail (100 mL glas jars), because the products may not be safe for consumption.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Marks and Spencer’s withdraws Marks and Spencer’s Roast Potatoes (400g; Chilled product; Use by 06.09.2011 and 07.09.2011; batch 0136365), due to the presence of undeclared butter and wheat flour.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Royal Biscuit Co. A/S recalls Cocoa tops with coconut and mocha flavors (210g; Batch #110607; Expiry 7/12/2011), due to an unusual chemical smell.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2011.1172): Salmonella Agona in rapeseed meal from Germany; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1174): Ochratoxin A in oil treated raisins from Pakistan; distributed to the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2011.1175): Salmonella cubana in bulk vinasses from Denmark; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1176): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled silver scabbardfish from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2011.1177): Benzethonium chloride and benzalkonium chloride in food supplement from Poland, via Latvia; distributed to Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1178): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled silver scabbard fish from France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1179): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled hake from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1180): Unauthorized morpholine in papaya from Brazil; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1181): Insect larvae in dried figs from Turkey, via Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.1182): Aflatoxins in pistachios from Iran, via Spain; distributed to Portugal.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.