Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Triple B Corporation (Anchorage, AK) recalls Signature Café Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (12-oz plastic container; Use by 08/25/11 through 08/30/2011), because the individual packets of Caesar salad dressing contain undeclared egg. The recalled salads were distributed to Safeway stores in Alaska.
- Allergy Alert: So Ono Food Products (Honolulu, HI) recalls Signature Café Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (12-oz plastic container; Use by dates of 08/26/11 through 09/02/2011), because the individual packets of Caesar salad dressing contain undeclared egg. The recalled salads were distributed to Safeway stores in Hawaii.
- Allergy Alert: Taylor Farms (Tracy, CA) recalls Taylor Farms Caesar Pasta Layered Salad with Chicken (7-oz pkgs; Sell by dates through Sept. 3, 2011), Signature Café Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (12-oz. plastic tray; Sell by dates through Sept 3, 2011), and Signature Café Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Kits (6.25-lb cases) because the products contain undeclared egg. The recalled Signature Café salads kits were distributed nationwide; the 12-oz. Signature Café salads were distributed in California. The Taylor Farms Caesar pasta layered salads with chicken were distributed in Oregon, California and Washington.
- Allergy Alert: Safeway recalls Signature Café Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, supplied by Taylor Farms, So Ono Food Products, and Triple B Corporation, because the included packet of salad dressing contains undeclared egg. Please see the above allergy alerts for details on affected Use by dates. The recalled Signature Café Caesar Salads were sold at all Safeway and Safeway-owned stores, including Carrs, Dominicks, Genuardi’s Pak ‘N Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, and Vons. At least one illness has been reported.
- Outbreak Alert Update: Sewickley Patch reports that the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Allegheny County Health Department are advising consumers and retailers to discard all ice cream purchased from Brunton Dairy in Independence Township, after Yersinia enterocolitica was recovered from an unopened container of the dairy’s ice cream. Sixteen cases of Yersinia enterocolitica have been linked to bottled milk and ice cream from the dairy, which suspended production the last week of July.
- Allergy Alert: Scotian Isle Baked Goods recalls Scotian Isle, Remark Fresh Markets, and Sunripe brands of meat pies, due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled meat pies were distributed in Ontario. Please navigate to the recall notice for a detailed list of affected products.
- Allergy Alert: Circle K Central Kitchen recalls Circle K brand sandwiches and subs (Best before 28AU11), due to the presence of undeclared egg. The recalled products were distributed in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.