Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: SnapDragon Foods recalls Snapdragon Rice Pasta Stir-Fry, Hoisin Flavor, 7.7 ounces (All lot codes), because one side panel of the package indicates erroneously that the product is ‘naturally gluten free’ due to a printing error.
- Allergy Alert: Les Aliments O Sole Mio Inc. recalls Scores Ribs Sauce, 2.5 Kg (all codes) due to the presence of undeclared fish. The recalled product was supplied to restaurants, hotels and institutional accounts in Ontario and Quebec.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Shaping Beauty, Inc. (Southampton, PA) recalls Celerite™ Slimming Tea, after FDA finds that the product contains undeclared sibutramine. The recalled product was distributed via the Internet.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Butcher Farm St. Lihme A/S recalls Raw Sausage, 9-12% fat (500g & 900g; Produced 26/7/2011; Best before 1/8/2011, because a raw ingredient used to produce the sausage was contamination with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): HKI Cheese recalls Tom de Savoie cheese from unpasteurized cow’s milk (Whole cheese, 1/2 cheese or 1/4 cheese); Product of France and packaged by HKI in Denmark; Best before dates ranging from 19/9/2011 to 30/9/2011), because the cheese may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Kettle Foods Ltd. recalls Kettle® Chips Lightly Salted, Wave Cut Lightly Salted, Wave Cut Salt & Pepper, and Wave Cut Salt & Vinegar (Best before 29 October 2011), because the product may have become contaminated with pieces of plastic that are similar in appearance to the crisps.
- Food Safety Alert (UK): The Food Standards Agency advises the public that Zam Zam water sold in the UK or brought into the UK for personal consumption may contain high levels of arsenic or nitrates.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall Update (Hong Kong): GlaxoSmithKline Limited, on orders from the Department of Health, recalls two additional strengths of Augmentin (625mg and 1g tablets) after plasticizers were found in all tablet formulations manufactured in the GSK Worthing (UK) production plant.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.