Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Giant Eagle announces the recall of MD Thumbprints Cookies (all lots and sell-by dates) and MD Cut Out Cookies (all lots and sell-by dates), because the products may contain an undeclared allergen.
- Allergy Alert: US Nutrition (Ronkonkoma, NY) recalls Daily Multiple for Women 50+ Tablets, because certain lots contain undeclared fish gelatin. Please navigate to the recall notice for details of affected products and lot numbers.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Manufacturer recalls Glyburide tablets, USP 2.5 mg, 100 count (Lot #105912; Sell by 11/2013) and Ropinirole Hydrochloride Tablets, 1mg, 100 count (Lot #105912; Sell by 11/2013), because a single bottle of Glyburide was found to be incorrectly labeled as Ropinirole.
- Animal Drug Safety Advisory: Alpharma, a subsidiary of Pfizer Inc., suspends US sales of the animal drug 3-Nitro (Roxarsone), used by poultry producers after a recent FDA study of broiler chickens detected inorganic arsenic at elevated levels in the livers of treated chickens compared to untreated chickens.
- Allergy Alert: Jasmine Mediterranean Foods Ltd. (Vancouver, BC) expands its earlier recall notice for Jasmine Foods brand Tahini (Grounded Sesame), which contains undeclared peanuts. The recall includes 375 ml (Lot #1459), 500 ml (Lot #1479) and 750 ml (Lot #1469) sizes of the Tahini (Best before 30 SEP 2011). The recalled product was distributed in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba.
- Allergy Alert: Quality Natural Foods Ltd. recalls Quality Brand Rasgulla and Quality Brand Petha Cubes, because the products contain undeclared sulphites. The recalled items were distributed to retailers in Alberta, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall (France): La Sté EMC Distribution recalls Casino Bio brand Extra-Fine Green Beans (72cl glass jars; Lot #1598 L:N2M7; Expiry 31.08.2014), because the product may contain particles of glass.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.