Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc. (Waukegan, IL) recalls Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste (Lot #11123), after the company’s outside testing lab recovers Listeria monocytogenes from a sample of the product lot as part of its routine testing program. The product was distributed nationwide through a variety of channels, including direct deliver to business customers, distributors, and retailers, and was exported to Canada.
- Pet Treat Safety Recall: Boss Pet Products, Inc. recalls Diggers Natural Treat Pig Ear Pet Treats, because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The Pig Ear treats were supplied to Boss Pet by Keys Manufacturing Company, Inc. Affected products were shipped to distributors in MT, CA, WA, OK, TN, NY, KS, OH, TX, MS, AL, OR, UT, IA, MO, IL, IN, LA, and MN in November 2010 through April 2011.
- Pet Treat Safety Recall: Blackman Industries, Inc. (Kansas City, KS) recalls all PrimeTime 2ct. and 5ct. Premium Pig Ears and all KC Beefhide brand 20 ct. Premium Pig Ears, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products were distributed between Jan. 4, 2011 and April 29, 2011 in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota and sold through many of the following retail outlets: Price Chopper Stores, Hy-Vee Stores, Hen House Markets, Bag N Save Stores, Dahl’s Food Stores, Baldwin City Market, SunFresh Food Stores, Apple Markets, Brookside Market, Franklin Food Stores, No Frills Food Stores, Alps Food Stores, Big V Food Stores, Country Mart Food Stores, Thriftway Food Stores, County Fair Food Stores, Super Saver Food Stores and Russ’s Food Stores and Feldman’s Farm and Home Stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc. (Waukegan, IL) recalls Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste (Lot #11123), after the company’s outside testing lab recovers Listeria monocytogenes from a sample of the product lot as part of its routine testing program. The product was distributed nationwide through the USA and was exported to Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Branche d’Olivier (Montreal, QC) and Marché Al Farah Inc. (Trois-Rivières, QC) recall Moroccan Paprika (Paprika Marocaine or Paprika du Maroc), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The affected Moroccan Paprika was recalled from the market by the importer, Alimentaurus Import Export Inc.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Doves Farm Foods Ltd. withdraws Doves Farm Organic Plain Chocolate Drops, 130g tube (Imported from Germany; Batch #0222, Best before 10 August 2011 and Batch #0223, Best before 11 August 2011), because the product contains undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark and Sweden): Nordic Hong Da Trading Co. recalls Instant Noodles (400g; Imported from China; Best before Dec/2013), because the product was imported illegally.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0654): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Denmark; distributed to Belgium and Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0655): Salmonella Typhimurium DT 120 suspected in chilled smoked pork tenderloin from Poland; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0657): Acrinathrin in spinach from Greece; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2011.0659): Unauthorized morpholine in mangos from Peru; distributed to Germany.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall: Stahmann Farms Enterprises Pty Ltd. recalls Ducks Pine Nuts (200g & 50g; Best before 28 MAR 2012 and 28 APR 2012) and Ducks Oven Toasted Pine Nuts (50g; Best before 28 APR 2012), because the products may contain glass fragments. The recalled pine nuts were imported from China, packaged in Australia and sold nationally in various Coles and IGA supermarkets.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.