Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Completely Fresh Foods Inc. (Montebello, CA) recalls approximately 131,000 pounds of Trader Joe’s Pizza Al Pollo Asado, 10-oz. pkg (Produced on various dates between jan 27, 2011 and March 27, 2011), due to the presence of undeclared wheat. The recalled pizza products were supplied to Trader Joe’s stores nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall: Nutrition Express (Torrance, CA) recalls specific products containing whey protein isolate from one supplier, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella. Please see the recall notice for details.
- Food Safety Recall: The Smokehouse LLC (Mamaroneck, NY) recalls PORTIER FINE FOODS Norwegian Smoked Salmon (various size packages; Batch Code 066) due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled Smoked Salmon was distributed and sold on March 7, 2011 to retailers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Food Safety Recall (Ohio): Pettisville Meats Inc. (Est 1240; Pettisville, OH) recalls various meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of state inspection and were sold prior at various carry-out and food service establishments in Ohio. Please see the recall notice for details.
- Food Safety Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Homestyle Regular Potato Salad (UPC 26716700000), due to possible contamination with Listeria.
- Food Recall/Withdrawal: Food City announces the recall/withdrawal of Food Club Frozen Onion Rings and of Valu Time RTS Milk Chocolate Frosting. No details have been provided.
- Parenteral Nutrition Product Safety Recall/Investigation: Meds IV recalls all of its intravenous (IV) compounded products. Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) products produced by Meds IV have been identified as a potential common source for 19 cases of Serratia marcescens bacteremia reported in six Alabama hospitals.
- Allergy Alert: Quality Natural Foods Ltd. recalls Quality brand Freshly Minced Ginger Garlic, Freshly Minced Garlic, and Freshly Minced Ginger (Lot Codes L-210610, L-230910 and L-120410) due to the presence of undeclared sulphites. The recalled products were distributed in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Burren Smokehouse Ltd. recalls Burren Smokehouse Smoked Salmon (1kg, 500g, 300g, 200g and 100g packs; Batch code 1018X; Use by 15/04/2011), due to the presence of low levels of Listeria monocytogenes. This is in addition to an earlier recall.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Premier Foods recalls Fray Bentos ‘Boozy’ Steak & Ale Pie, 475g (Batch code 1003 & 1004; Best before end January 2013) and Fray Bentos Steak & Onion Pie, 425g (Batch code 1004; Best before end January 2013), because the canned pies may contain small pieces of glass.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (New Zealand): Lindt and Sprüngli recalls various Lindt chocolate easter eggs (Product of USA; Best before 30 JUN 11) due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The 16g Easter Eggs are foil-wrapped and available in various package sizes and formats. The recalled confectionery products were sold in supermarkets and retail outlets nationwide.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.