Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA releases recall distribution list for Kashi Southwest Style Chicken products that were recalled by Kashi due to the presence of undeclared egg.
- Allergy Alert: I.M.U.R. Chef (St.-Laurent, QC) recalls Vegetable Eggroll with Plum Sauce (all packages) due to the presence of undeclared egg.
- Allergy Alert: Sobeys Québec inc. recalls Crabier de Tilapia and Boeuf Légumes PD, due to the presence of undeclared egg, wheat, and/or soy.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Natco Foods withdraws Natco Curried Chick Peas, 400g (Batch 0237/01-16 and Batch 0312/01-16), due to the presence of undeclared mustard.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Belgomilk recalls Nazareth Classic (rectangular format) cheese, wrapped in plastic film (Lot #0520018301 or 0520018302; packaged between February 4th and February 8th, 2011), due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled cheese was sold beginning on February 4th, and also was exported to Germany (per RASFF Notification #2011.0374).
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Leif Henriksen recalls Leif Henriksen brand Pickle (Expiry dates from 07-04-2011 through 14-04-2011), due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Euro Fruit A/S recalls Sugar Snap Peas (150g pack; Imported from Kenya; Lot #HW 48930103) due to pesticide residues in the product over the permitted limit. The recalled produce was sold in Rema 1000 shops.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kirk Søvind Dairy recalls Kirk brand cream cheeses, due to evidence of mold in some of the cheeses.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.