Here is today’s list of food safety recalls, product withdrawals, allergy alerts and miscellaneous compliance issues. The live links will take you directly to the official recall notices and company news releases that contain detailed information for each recall and alert.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: TOP Food & Drug advises its customers that Johnson’s Chili (16 oz; UPC 8 15098 00201) has been recalled due to the presence of undeclared soy.
- Pharmaceutical Products Safety Recall (Update): Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. (Maple Grove, MN) expands its previously announced recall of Jantoven® Warfarin Sodium, USP, 3 mg Tablets to include additional products that were packaged on the same packaging line between May 17, 2010 and November 17, 2010.
- Allergy Alert: Fous de la Gaspésie inc (Montréal, QC) recalls various fritters, because they may contain undeclared soy, sesame, milk, wheat or sulfites.
- Allergy Alert and Food Safety Recall: Les Charcuteries Cossette (Saint-Prosper-de-Champlain, QC) recalls a number of soups and entrées, packed in hermetically sealed glass jars, because they were manufactured under conditions that do not insure their microbiological safety and/or may contain undeclared milk, nuts or sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall: Gagan Foods International Ltd. (Vancouver, BC) recalls Gagan brand Turmeric (Haldi) Powder (200g packages; Product of India; UPC 7 75620 31106 4), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled product was distributed in British Columbia and Alberta.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Morrison Supermarkets withdraws all packs of Morrisons Double Chocolate Cupcake Kit (302g) due to the presence of undeclared milk.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): Food Safety Authority of Ireland advises the public that undeclared soy was detected in Old El Paso 8 Soft Corn Tortillas (Best before date: 16/03/11; Batch: L3D 2501574297; Pack size: 335g)
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Wells and Young’s Brewing Company recalls some bottles of beer that may contain small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland and Sweden): Lidl Finland Ky recalls Baresa brand Spanish black pitted olives (290g net; Batch #01L-2090; Best before 07/28/2013), because the product may contain pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): AFSCA, Belgium’s Food Safety Authority, mandates the consumer-level recall of Double Swallow Kong Moon Rice Vermicelli (Best before 31/8/2012, 25/9/2012 and 1/11/2012), because the product may contain a piece of wire.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket’s recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.